Thursday, May 9, 2013

Randy Jackson Leaving Idol Taking Over For Maury Povich

Randy Jackson has announced he will be leaving American Idol to take over as host for The Maury Show at the end of the year. Jackson said he would change some of the show's staple themes like exploiting blacks and poor white trash. "I want to get more a distribution of the American public up there. I want to show that rich folk, especially white ones screw up as much as anyone else". Jackson said he would also include an Idol-type theme into the show called the Your Not The Father Spontaneous Dance that will award those men found to be falsely accused who take to the floor "and show the world what they can do!" said Jackson. There will also be awards for those women who make it from the couch to back stage in the best time after finding out "he's not your baby's daddy". The show is slated to run this fall opposite Ellen Degenerous, the currently reining daytime talk show host.
Of course the above is a spoof, and that's all I intended it to be. but as I was writing I began to think about The Maury show more and more and found that it is really reprehensible in how it takes advantage of blacks and poor white folk who may think that they are there to get some justice when all they are is providing The Povich show ratings and advertisement revenue. Think Maury gives a crap about his guests? How many times have you seen him chase some poor woman down backstage, a woman who has just had her life torn apart and all her most personal secrets revealed to million of voyeurs and say "Wait! Wait! I'm not finished . There's more!". When you really sit down and think of it, it's really a terrible thing to do and I can't believe I've never heard anyone complain about it before.

No comments: